Translate

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Catching a Good Break

So my first post in a year and a half... and a pretty poor pun for the title.

1. I have had a break from this blog while living the Gen X and Y thing on FaceBook, Linked In and so many other parts of the Web-sphere

2. I recently broke my leg, so find myself awake a little more, unable to sleep in a comfortable position without waking myself with a painful twinge up as I turn in bed

3. As fractures go, though, I am told it was a "good" one; "Normally," the orthopaedic doctor at Sydney's Royal North Shore Hospital told me, "this kind of fracture would require a plate to be inserted to fix the bone... but you are lucky, it has not shifted..." So I can say it's a "good break."

4. I reckon that I catch good breaks often, I just don't often recognise them. In my current work contract (I build and manage enterprise type websites) I'm working with a great cross section of the generations - just how I like it - and they share their language, lives and culture with this boomer, in return for which I happily help them learn some useful stuff.

Catching a good break, I'd say.

BTW, our latest twenty year project is now a full-on toddler (20 months) and fills us with joy - and breaks - as she powers towards becoming the next gen. (No name for her generation has been popularised yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment